Covid-19 Boosters for over 50s [Update 15/09/21]
We are currently reviewing guidance about Covid vaccination boosters from NHS England. As soon as we have any further information we will update this page and contact any eligible patients.
Flu Vaccines for 18-64 year olds [Update 15/09/21]
We have had a much higher uptake of flu vaccine appointments in the 18-64 age group this year and most of our appointment slots were snapped up within a few hours.
We are therefore unable to book any further appointments for 18-64 year old’s at this time. If you have not already booked your appointment with us, please consider contacting your local pharmacy to arrange your flu jab there.
We are actively trying to source additional flu vaccines for the 18-64 cohort and will send new initiations to eligible patients as soon as we secure further stock.
The flu virus kills thousands on an average year, but this is anything but an average year. The vaccine is the best protection. Help us help you protect against flu.
Flu is a serious condition that kills thousands and hospitalizes thousands more in England each year. The flu vaccination is the best protection for you and those around you which is why it is offered for free for those most at risk.
Adults at high risk from flu are also most at risk from COVID-19 and the free vaccine is more important than ever, to help protect the nation from a double threat this winter.
Patients eligible for the flu vaccination
- Patients aged 65 or over – we have lots of flu jabs available for your age group – please book an appointment as soon as possible
- Patients aged 50 – 64 – we have limited flu jabs available for your age group – please book an appointment as soon as possible
- Patients aged 18 – 50 years with an underlying medical condition – we have limited flu jabs available for your age group – please book an appointment as soon as possible
- Patients aged 6 months – 18 years with an underlying medical condition – we are still awaiting confirmation of when we will receive a delivery of flu vaccines for this age group. Please check back her regularly for updates.
- Children aged 2-3 years old – we are still awaiting confirmation of when we will receive a delivery of flu vaccines for this age group. Please check back her regularly for updates.
Please note – flu vaccinations are only available to patients who are eligible to received the flu vaccination FREE on the NHS:
All patients aged 50 and over are automatically eligible for the free flu vaccine (born on or before 31 March 1972)
At Risk Categories: Patients aged from 6 months to 64 years of age with a serious medical condition such as:
- chronic (long-term) respiratory disease, such as severe asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) or bronchitis
- chronic heart disease, such as heart failure
- chronic kidney disease at stage three, four or five
- chronic liver disease
- chronic neurological disease, such as stroke, Parkinson’s disease or motor neurone disease, or learning disability
- splenic dysfunction or asplenia
- a weakened immune system due to disease (such as HIV/AIDS) or treatment (such as cancer treatment)
- Household contacts of immunocompromised individuals
- morbidly obese (defined as BMI of 40 and above in patients over 16)
- All pregnant women
- Frontline Health & Social Workers
- the main carer of an older or disabled person
Please note that people in the 50-64-year old age group will not be vaccinated until November and December, providing there is sufficient vaccine, and no appointments will be offered for this age group until then. This is to ensure that those who are most at risk are vaccinated first. If you are 50-64 and you are in one of the other groups which is eligible for the flu vaccination, for example you have a health condition which puts you at risk from the flu, you will be invited earlier.
How do I book my appointment?
If we have your up to date mobile number and you have consented to receiving SMS messages from the practice, you will receive a SMS text message with a link to book your appointment. This link is ONLY valid for the patient named in the text message.
You can forward the text message to a family member or friend to help you make your booking, but they will need to know your date of birth in order to book the appointment.
Click the link in the text message to open the booking webpage
Click HERE to view the booking page user manual with instructions of how to use the booking webpage.
If you do not receive an initiation by SMS or you cannot book using the link, please contact reception to book your appointment: 020 8630 1036 OPTION 2.
How will it work on the day?
Please ensure you arrive NO MORE THAN 5 minutes before your appointment. We make this request to maintain social distancing requirements within the waiting area.
Please report to reception to check in.
Please wear a short sleeve top to the clinic, wear a face mask, remove coats before entering the health centre and importantly if you feel poorly or have symptoms of Covid-19 please DO NOT attend the practice. These steps will ensure a smooth and efficient clinic for your safety.
You will be directed to a clinical room for your flu jab. Whilst in the practice please DO NOT touch any surfaces.
You will exit the practice via the back exit, so that we can maintain a one-way system.
- All those aged two and three (but not aged less than two or aged four or over on 31 August 2021) (ie born on or after 1 September 2017 and on or before 31 August 2019)
Children aged 4 years BEFORE or on 31st August 2021 are vaccinated as part of the school vaccine program. WE ARE NOT CONTRACTED TO VACCINATE THESE CHILDREN and therefore not funded to vaccinate. The school vaccine programme is responsible for notifying parents of school clinic dates, plus any catch up clinics. We do not have this information. Please do NOT miss these vaccine dates. We are unable to help if you do. Any child aged 4 years in any AT RISK category above can be vaccinated at surgery as we are contracted and funded to vaccinate at risk patients.
CHILDREN’S FLU VACCINES ARE NOW AVAILABLE – PLEASE CONTACT RECEPTION TO BOOK AN APPOINTMENT
Last Updated 15/9/21