The NHS App is now our recommended provider for online services.
About the NHS App
- get advice about coronavirus – get information about coronavirus and find out what to do if you think you have it
- order repeat prescriptions – see your available medicines, request a new repeat prescription and choose a pharmacy for your prescriptions to be sent to
- book appointments – search for, book and cancel appointments at your GP surgery, and see details of your upcoming and past appointments
- get health advice – search trusted NHS information and advice on hundreds of conditions and treatments, and get instant advice or medical help near you
- view your medical record – securely access your GP medical record, to see information like your allergies and your current and past medicines
- register your organ donation decision – choose to donate some or all of your organs and check your registered decision
- find out how the NHS uses your data – choose if data from your health records is shared for research and planning
You can access the NHS app WITHOUT contacting your GP Practice by creating your own NHS login account.
Register for and NHS login account or access your account if you already have one by clicking HERE.
The NHS App is available now on iOS and Android. To use it you must be aged 13 and over and registered with a GP surgery in England.
You can also access your medical record online via Thornbury Road SystmOne Online Services
By registering for the online services you will be able to complete a variety of different tasks online rather than having to come in to the practice:
- Book & cancel doctors’ appointments
- Request repeat prescriptions
- View your medical record information such as test results, medications, allergies and immunisations.
These online services are as safe as online banking as long as you keep your passwords secure, and you can access these services 24 hours a day 7 days a week.
Help using Online Services
For useful information on how to use these online services, including how to change your password, manage appointments and more visit “Using SystmOnline – A Guide for Patients” or click here: online services user guide
There are some helpful videos available on youtube:
How to Register
Simply complete the below form:
If you are already registered to use the online services you can click the button below to log in:
SystmOnline Mobile Apps
You can access SystmOnline service via mobile app on both Apple & Android device.
Alternative Providers – Online Records
There are alternative sites & apps endorsed by the NHS that give you access to your online services;
Proxy Access To Children’s Online Records
Parents or the registered carers of children (with the permission of the children’s parents or those granted legal guardianship) are able to also have access to their children’s records and this will be linked to the parents online account.
There are however strict guidelines relating to children’s medical records and from age 12 online access will automatically stop. This is to ensure that children have the opportunity to access medical help with the knowledge that this will be confidential.
If you have a child over the age of 12 and would like access to their online medical records they must be present when this is requested and freely give consent – there is a consent form to be read and signed by the child. If consent is granted then the access date will be extended to the child’s 16th birthday when it will then automatically stop.
The guidelines that we follow in relation to children are called Gillick Competence and Fraser guidelines
Last updated 4/5/21