Changes to London BCG Vaccination Pathway – 1st Sept 2020
- The way BCG vaccines are delivered to babies in London from 1st September 2020.
- Neonatal BCG vaccine will no longer be delivered in maternity units.
- Babies who are eligible for BCG will be referred to community vaccination clinics to be vaccinated.
The national BCG immunisation programme is now delivered is a selective neonatal BCG immunisation programme
- It is targeted at those infants most at risk of exposure to TB.
- The programme is offered to:
- all infants (0 – 12 months) living in a London Borough where annual incidence of TB is 40 per 100,000 or greater
- all infants (0 – 12 months) where one or more parent or grandparent was born in a country where the annual incidence of TB is 40 per100,000 or greater
Full information leaflet available here: TB BCG Vaccine Leaflet
Watch the “TB, BCG and your baby – video for parents and carers” that outlines the changes to neonatal BCG and who is now eligible
Last updated 30/09/20